Sunday 12 October 2014

Stretching My Ears So Far

I want to start off by saying i have wanted to stretch my ears since i was 17 and it has taken me until now to take it upon myself and rise above the negative opinions people have over stretching ones ears and just do it... like what the hell :)

I started off by going on eBay and purchasing a spiral taper set 
However i would recommend buying this stainless steel set instead as it includes more sizes and tunnels

Nearly everyone is pierced with an 18g stud so when starting with already pierced ears like me (i have over 18 piercings in my ears alone hehe) the first step is stretch up to a 16g... wait a second i think first i should show you what the sizes look like ...
The sizes are measured by their diameter measurement as you can see on the cross section chart above (wow already sounding like a teacher) i hope this helps you understand what i am talking about when i mention sizes...
Okay carrying on... when i went from a 18g to a 16g i did not feel any pain at all in fact it was barely sore so after a few days the jewellery was becoming loose so i sized up to a 14g and this time i felt more of pinching feeling  as it is a 0.4mm difference between the 16g and 14g  where as it is 0.2mm between 18g to 16g.
I left my ears to heal cleaning them regularly and within a couple of days ... and again i had no pain and the jewellery became loose so i chose to size up again to a 12g which again pinched but after a couple of days the pattern kept occuring until now i am up to a 2g so 6mm and sizing up again. 
My goal size is a 12mm/14mm but i will slowly get there.

*MY TOP TIP FOR STRETCHING EARS IS MOISTURISE!!! MOISTURISE!!! MOISTURISE!!* I used tattoo goo and it worked wonders as well as paw paw ointment and witch hazel lotion 

my current size 2g...

The biggest i would go...





















Peace out xx




No comments:

Post a Comment